I was wondering what to write about this time, and, as I was looking at the Blog, I realised that it is almost a year since my first article was posted. How time flies!
During that year I’ve covered a range of different subjects, most of them relating to growing up in the Midlands just after the war (that’s the Second World War, not the First!).
Several times I’ve sat in front of the PC and wondered just what I could write about. It was never pre-planned – it just flowed.
But, this time, I’m stuck and there is no inspiration whatsoever. And so I’ve decided that this will be the last post on this Blog. It’s the end.
I feel rather sad about it ending. It’s reminiscent of old movies that always had THE END across the screen. The fairytale was over, the dream shattered – back to reality. It’s similar to reading the last page of a book and you don’t want it to end.
But all good things must come to an end and before I go I believe that I have one important piece of writing to do.
As a Christian I know that this world will one day end, when Jesus comes back. It’s written in the Bible that this will happen and the signs are already there. The clock is already ticking.
Walk with me, if you will, through Matthew’s Gospel, Chapter 24, verses 3 -14 and you’ll see what I mean. (The # in brackets indicate this has already happened)
“3. As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. ‘Tell us,’ they said, ‘when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?’
4. Jesus answered: ‘Watch out that no one deceives you.
5. For many will come in my name, claiming, “I am the Messiah,” and will deceive many. (#)
6. You will hear of wars and rumours of wars, (#) but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
7. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. (#). There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. (#)
8. All these are the beginning of birth-pains.
9. Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, (#) and you will be hated by all nations because of me. (#)
10. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, (#)
11. and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. (#)
12. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, (#)
13. but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
14. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”
So, you see, it’s all there. It’s happening NOW. One day we will all have to stand before God to be judged and then He will decide where we spend eternity – with Him or in Hell.
You won’t be able to say “I didn’t know. No-one told me.” You’ve just read it here – I told you. Do something about it NOW, otherwise, on that Day, it really will, for you, be…………